I am a Licensed Associate Professional Counselor (License #APC004531) in the state of Georgia and a National Certified Counselor. My work is under the direction of Megan W. Broadhead, LPC, MS, MDiv and the clinical supervision of Don Durkee, Ed.S., LPC, CPCS, NCC.
I began my career in the world of art, transitioned to the corporate world, and finally found my home within the profession of counseling. What I discovered from my previous careers was a shared theme: building relationships and helping others. It is with great happiness I am now in a profession where I see others heal, grow, develop greater self-understanding, find meaning, and realize a more authentic self.
ASSOCIATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Association for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Issues in Counseling (ALGBTIC)
- Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia
- LGBTQ Therapist Resource Lifetime Member
- Certified PREPARE-ENRICH Couples Counseling Program Facilitator
- Certified QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper
- Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling from Georgia State University
- Bachelor of Arts with a Concentration in Art History from Georgia State University
- Private Practice
- University Counseling Services
- Developing and leading workshops on topics related to wellness and advocacy