I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (License #LPC009833) in the state of Georgia and a National Certified Counselor practicing within the therapeutic community of The Brookhaven Center for Counseling & Wellness.
I began my career in the world of art, transitioned to the corporate world, and finally found my home within the profession of counseling. What I discovered from my previous careers was a shared theme: building relationships and helping others. It is with great happiness I am now in a profession where I see others heal, grow, develop greater self-understanding, find meaning, and realize a more authentic self.
*We are currently in the process of relaunching melissaannlester.com. My correct license number and level are noted above, and will be accurately reflected throughout the updated website. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
ASSOCIATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Association for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Issues in Counseling (ALGBTIC)
- Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia
- LGBTQ Therapist Resource Lifetime Member
- Certified PREPARE-ENRICH Couples Counseling Program Facilitator
- Certified QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper
- Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling from Georgia State University
- Bachelor of Arts with a Concentration in Art History from Georgia State University
- Private Practice
- University Counseling Services
- Developing and leading workshops on topics related to wellness and advocacy