It is normal to feel sad or blue at times, as life can present us with many stressors that seem overwhelming or heartbreaking. Depression is something that manifests uniquely in each person, lasting for more than two weeks and interfering with your daily life (work, relationships, and social environments). If you feel you may be suffering from depression, it is likely you could benefit from counseling.
Symptoms of Depression may Include:
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and/or helplessness
- Insomnia, irregular sleep/wake patterns, or excessive sleeping
- Restlessness and/or irritability
- Changes in appetite by way of overeating or appetite loss
- Physical symptoms such as aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems
- Thoughts of death (not just fear of dying) or suicidal ideation